How should students pronounce the first syllable of dissect or the last vowel of hurricane? Where should they put the stress in contribute? This 3rd edition of the Longman Pronunciation Dictionary gives students setailed guidance on over 225,000 pronunciations of words, including people and place names.
Need help with pronunciation?
The Longman Pronunciation Dictionary:
- Helps students with over 225,000 pronunciations in both British and American English using the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Helps students with intonation by showing the stress patterns of thousands of compounds and idioms
- User-friendly graphs show the preferred pronunciations of British and American speakers, based on extensive research by Professor Wells
NEW – now with the Longman Pronunciation Coach CD-ROM
- Students can listen to the pronunciation of all entries in British and American English, then record and check their own pronunciation
- Self Study Lab – Students can learn the International Phonetic Alphabet and practise their pronunciation with thousands of interactive exercises and feedback from Professor Wells
- Teachers‘ Resource Centre provides you with downloadable exercises for use in class